Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas in the USA

It was nice to be back in the US for the holidays. I really do love living here, I like the culture and am enjoying my work, but I miss my friends, family, and girlfriend a great deal. The 18 days I spent back home went fast, in part because I was traveling so much while in the US. A few days in NY and then NJ for Christmas with Carly, my uncle, brother, and cousins. Then down to Atlanta for Christmas with Carly’s family. We had a great time and it was nice to see the sun! (It was cold there, but at least the sun was out for more than an hour or two.)

Now Belgium has fantastic cuisine, but it was great to have US food again: pizza, a deli breakfast sandwich and, down in Atlanta, Chic-fil-A.

The trip back to NYC on New Year’s Eve, however, was a bit of a hassle. Our flight was cancelled, but Carly is a master traveler and got us on a flight that got us into Newark not too later than we were supposed to be…but we still cancelled on our NYE plans: I got sick. Of course I did! So, if Mark and/or Erin are reading this: again so sorry for missing!

All in all it was a nice trip back, but a whirlwind. I got to see a lot of family and friends, but not nearly everyone so, if you’re reading this and I didn’t touch base with you when I was back. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment